You’ve completed the Risk Management and Accumulation phase successfully. You have avoided falling into a debt trap and have accumulated sufficient capital and assets to retire comfortably. Now you should concentrate on the following:
- You know how much income you can draw from your investment and how much this income can grow annually without depleting your savings over time.
- You understand which products are best suited to generating this income while remaining as tax effective as possible.
- You understand how much you can withdraw as a lump sum from your pension, provident, preservation, or retirement annuity fund, taking into account the tax implications and the advantages of having discretionary capital.
- You are aware of the importance of understanding your portfolio’s underlying asset allocation and that it should be evaluated frequently.
Who can assist me with these requirements, and how will I pay for such services?
Financial Planner / Investment advisor / Wealth Manager
- Will assist you in completing all of your retirement calculations and guide you on how to attain them in the most tax efficient manner.
- How are they compensated?
- An hourly fee or consulting fee
- Commission earned on some investment products
- Upfront or ongoing investment advice fees
Book an appointment with one of our qualified advisors to assist you with any of these services.